Monday, October 20, 2008

Being productive

After finishing the last two assignments for one of my degrees (ever! yay!), I decided I would use this weekend to do a lot of things around the house that have been neglected the last couple of weeks, before starting to study for exams as of today. So, on Saturday I:

-cleaned the entire house, including the rooms that sometimes just seem to store junk
-washed the cat (he wasn't very happy about it)
-went to the gym
-did 3 weeks worth of washing (lucky I have a lot of clothes!)
-cleaned the fish tank
-went to see Burn After Reading (I didn't think it was as funny as the rest of the cinema did. Perhaps because I really can't stand Francis McDormand)
-went to Wagamama for dinner (mmm, vegetable ramen!)
-went to Freestyle for dessert (no, Miss Giggles, I still don't understand why everyone loves it)

And on Sunday I:

-watched last week's episode of Desperate Housewives (that show is going downhill fast)
-had William whipper snip the grass (we don't have much of it, so a mower would be pointless)
-went to Bunnings to get replacement herbs for some of mine that had died (and stood in line for 30 minutes to pay, and yelled at a guy who tried to cut in front of me)
-pulled up the herbs that were still alive, dug up the garden bed, put in some organic soil and mulch, dug that in, then replanted the herbs, as well as the new seedlings I bought. Then erected a small fence around the garden to stop the bunnies or whatever it is that are eating my plants
-went grocery shopping
-cleaned out the fridge
-made apple crumble, cauliflower soup and colcannon soup to use up some things in the fridge that were close to being thrown out
-cleaned out the pantry
-washed all 5 episodes of Great British Menu from this week
-made William some chicken noodle soup for dinner, because he wasn't feeling too well
-watched the two finale episodes of Project Runway (season 5).

And after all that, I had done so much work that my right hand and arm have swelled to another half their size, because my tenosynovitis has flared up. My hand and arm are aching and I'm finding it very difficult to do anything. Fun fun. But at least I got everything done! Now I can concentrate on studying for my exams. And after that, I will be able to finalise the details of my trip. I am so stressed about it!

0 comments: