Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Stationery Stupidity

I have a thing for stationery. I don't know why, I just love it. And I have to have things in every single available colour or type that is produced. I have every colour Stabilo Boss highlighter, and every colour Post It Note in every type available. It's a sickness really. Anyway, at my previous job, there was a stationery cupboard full of the usual stationery items which employees could just go to and grab whatever they wanted. For items not in the cupboard, you had to make a special request. "Why do you need a purple highlighter? We have yellow, green, blue and pink. That's all you should need." "Umm... because I'm colour-coordinating comments on this document, and I've run out of colours? Yes, that's it!" (Facilities Manager looks suspicious) "Ok. I'll get it for you." Tee hee. I was there for more than 4 years, so by the end they were very much used to me and my weird requests for stationery.

Anyway, at my current job, I get to order the stationery! You have no idea how excited I get when I look through the catalogue and write down the order numbers of what I want to get in. Most items are entirely superfluous to my "needs", but I just love the stuff!

Yesterday, I placed an order with Office Works for some ruled pads (and accidentally bought 4 lots of 10 pads instead of just 4 pads! Oops!), plastic pockets, binders, dividers, etc. Nothing too exciting. The delivery arrived later that day.

A big box and a little box.

I opened the big box to find what I thought were all of the items in there. And some of those air bag things for packing, so the box was hardly full to the brim or anything. I wondered what could possibly be in the other, smaller box.

I opened it up. I took out the air bags.

And there, lying in the bottom of the box was one piece of paper and one binder pocket. That's it. In that whole box!

As I said, it wasn't like the other box was so full you couldn't possibly fit one more binder pocket in there. Baffling!

Anyway, I just found that very amusing. I don't know why they didn't just put it in an envelope. Why a whole box for one very small, flat item?

Oh well, who cares. I've got new stationery to play with (including a "Daily Planner" pad! Yay! I love lists!)!

0 comments: