Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Stressed!

Assignment due last night. Group assignment due tonight (which, as usual, no one else has done anything on). Exam Friday. Exam Saturday. 3 day external attendance school Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Work full time.

I can't be in so many places at once. I've had to defer one exam already. I have no idea what to do about the assignment due tonight since the other group members are useless.

And I'm just so tired. I've been staying up to at least midnight this whole week trying to study and finish assignments. This would be ok if I started at a normal time, like 8.30 or 9.00. Starting at 6.30 means I'm only getting 5 hours' sleep.

And I'm going to have to start organising my overseas trip myself. I really wouldn't think it would be so difficult for a travel agent to work out. I gave them a list of the places I wanted to go, said I needed airfares, inter-country transport (train, bus, etc) and accomodation sorted out. I said I didn't know how long it took to get to each place or how long to spend in each place to see the things I wanted to see, so if they needed to take some small towns out along the way, that was fine. The travel agent keeps emailing saying she needs exact dates. I can't give exact dates. I don't know how long it takes to get from Santiago to Lima, for example. I'm not a travel agent. I don't know the options. You're a travel agent. You know the options. You tell me! You tell me how long it will take and then tell me the dates! It's no good me saying to you, "I want to be in Lima 2 days after I land in Santiago" if that's not even possible!

Anyway, I bought some Lonely Planet guides, and it appears everything is written in those (transport, accomodation, things to see, daily cost, etc), so I might just do up my own itinerary, then show the travel agent and say, "I think you need to get a Lonely Planet. This took me 2 weeks. You've had my plans since October and you still haven't sorted anything out."

*sigh* I need sleep.

0 comments: