Friday, October 30, 2009

Deflation and aggravation

I went to a cosmetic surgeon yesterday to find out how much it would cost me to deflate my chest. Turns out it will be about $11,000. :(

My other option is a 4 week weight loss clinic which costs $8,500. Essentially, it's like Biggest Loser (though I haven't watched the show). You're secluded away for 4 weeks and forced to eat correctly and exercise all the time, and are lectured by nutritionists and do cooking lessons and what not. I don't have heaps of weight to lose (maybe 10kg), but I figure if I do lose some weight, maybe my chest will deflate and I won't have to get surgery. And I'll be thinner, so it's a double win!

However, since I haven't had much luck with weight loss in recent years, I'm not sure it will work. I would think if one goes to the gym 4 times a week with a PT and is on a rather strict eating plan, that one would lose some weight after 3 years of it. Well, I didn't. So yeah. I think if I do this weight loss clinic and don't lose any weight, then I know I'm just stuck how I am and need to start thinking about selling half of my wardrobe (thank fsm shoes always fit!) and getting some more tests done to figure out why I'm getting fatter and can't shift it. However, if I go to the clinic and do lose weight, I will also hopefully work out along the way what it is I'm doing wrong back home so that I can keep going and maintain the new weight.

So I think it sounds like a good idea. But it is rather expensive. I'm still deciding. I really do hate how large my chest has become. They irritate me. They get in my way. I don't know why women choose to increase their breast size. Those women must be idiots. I would love to have A or B cups. Plus, I think most clothing looks better when you don't have large breasts. Otherwise models wouldn't be stick figures with flat chests, right? Designers don't design clothes for women with big breasts, and it is becoming increasingly difficult for me to keep mine hidden.

Anyway. I will have to think about it some more.

In other news, my mother is trying to convince everyone to fly to Sydney and invade my sister and her husband for Christmas. I can't stand her husband. He is an absolute twat. I'm not sure I want to ruin my Christmas by spending it with him and having him make snide little comments he thinks we're too stupid to understand. Seriously, he is freaking annoying. He thinks he's so fucking clever, despite the fact he has no university degree and works in a call centre, and thinks my family are all ignorant country bumpkins. He makes these snide little comments which he thinks we don't understand, and then does this annoying little laugh afterwards, like he's gotten away with insulting us and we don't realise it. He thinks he's so clever. I took him down a couple of Christmases ago, but he seems to have forgotten that, judging by the fact he was up to his old tricks at my mother's birthday this year. It took all my strength to hold back and not scream at him. Smug bastard. So yeah, I'd rather avoid spending any more time with him than is necessary. I like that we are in completely different states. So now I have to come up with an excuse as to why I can't do Christmas in Sydney with my sister this year.

0 comments: