Monday, March 1, 2010

Selling things on Ebay is torture

This is an actual exchange between myself and some moron from the States. As background, the listing is for a pair of shoes, and is quite comprehensive. It states regular shipping is free to the whole world, but express is extra, and insurance is extra (and optional).

hi,how much is the price buy it now in usa money? how much is
the shipping to usa?thanks

The buy it now price should come up automatically for your country. It's $55 Australian, so it should be about $50 USD. Regular shipping is free, but if you want expedited shipping, or insurance, that will be extra.

hi,how much is the shipping n insurance ? how long it take to get
to usa.thanks

Everything you have asked is mentioned within the listing. If you go to the listing, and click on the tab labelled Postage and Delivery next to the one labelled Description, you can change the country there to say United States of America. It will then tell you standard shipping is free (and will take up to 5 business days to reach you), and expedited shipping is $25 AUD (and will take less than 5 business days to reach you - probably about 3 days). It also says insurance is an additional $5 AUD.

hi,so the shipping is free to usa its take 5 days and $5 for the
insurance right,if this right i ll but them.SORRY for all the
question.thanks

Argh! I just wanted to yell at her, "can you freaking read?!" Although judging by her awful grammar, the answer to that question would be no.

She did end up buying the shoes, though. And that's the only thing I hate about Ebay. You have to be polite to these idiots because they are potentially ridding you of your unwanted crap. The amount of times I have wanted to go postal on some moron for asking stupid questions... I sometimes wonder why I bother writing detailed descriptions at all, since clearly nobody ever reads them. Next time, I think I'll just put up a photo and that's it.

4 comments:

Jacob said...

Bit of tolerance Angelina - the person probably doesn't speak English as a first language.

That's my bit of social awareness for today.

Angelina said...

Dude, that is the funniest thing I have heard in my entire life.

Besides which, the bad grammar I can understand, but asking the same question over and over again when it's already clearly laid out in the description? That's just moronic.

kiki said...

obviously, you're description was inadequate and/or confusing...

Angelina said...

Pfft! My exact words were:

For non-designer items, I offer free regular shipping to all worldwide destinations. If you wish these items to be shipped registered or express, that will be an additional charge. Likewise, insurance is an additional charge. See the Postage & Delivery tab for these charges.

For designer items, I offer free registered post to all worldwide destinations. If you wish these items to be shipped express, that will be an additional charge. See the Postage & Delivery tab for these charges. Insurance is included with registered post up to $100. If you wish to insure your item for more than this, that will be an additional $1.20 per $100 value.

I don't see how I could be more clear. Besides, there is a giant Free Shipping stamp on the gallery photo.