Tuesday, March 25, 2008

So tired

I think I need a holiday to recover from my long weekend. I did so much work around the house, it was crazy. It took me 6 hours just to clean the house on Friday, and that didn't include the washing, which I only started at 4pm. Saturday was more cleaning, doing my garden and organising for a barbeque that night. William's parents and sister came over. My fsm they irritate me. And I can never cook anything nice when they come over because his mother has some phantom health issues. They don't exist. I caught her eating great big globs of whipped cream at Christmas time (when she thought no one was looking), even though she says she can't have any fat, or she gets really sick. I swear the next time they come over, I'm going to cook up something full of butter and cream and tell them it's low fat. I guarantee she won't get sick. It's all for attention.

Sunday morning I started a 1000 piece puzzle of an island on the ocean (party time at Angelina's house!). By 7pm, I had practically finished the whole thing. And we'd gone out to the movies during the day, too. I took a photo and sent it to Miss Giggles, who told me I was insane. Probably doesn't help that she's had a puzzle sitting unfinished under her bed since Christmas! I had completed it (with help from William) by the next morning. Next up is a 2000 piece one of Neuschwanstein Castle.

Yesterday William and I went up to Mt Glorious for a picnic and to walk through the rainforest. Yes, you read correctly. Walk. In the rainforest. With nature. And flat shoes. Ugh. It was somewhat pleasant, because there was a path which meant I didn't actually have to touch too much nature stuff. Except for the mud. Which some immense fatties in front of us were churning up by stomping through like 4wds. We gave up about 15 minutes in and turned around. I did get some nice photos though. William asked if I would agree to give camping with him a try. I laughed. And then laughed some more. I do not camp.

So yeah. Apart from William's parents coming over, the weekend was pretty good.

Not so good for my neighbours, however. They went away after throwing out their flatmate (he apparently became violent after taking steroids) and came back to find a massive human shit on their doorstep. Complete with the toilet paper their ex-flatmate used to wipe his arse. How disgusting is that? I couldn't help but correct the guy when he came to ask us if we'd seen anything. "I'm probably going to reach when I clean it up." "Reach?" "Yeah, you know, throw up." "Oh! Retch. R-e-t-c-h. Reach is something you do with your arm." He just looked at me. I couldn't help myself. Saying "dry-reach" should be illegal.

0 comments: