Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy birthday to me!

Another year has come and gone, and I am now officially one year too old to take advantage of the Youth Saver passes for train travel in Europe! Haha. I should have gone last year!

I received quite a number of things I needed to take on my trip with me, which was great! I love practical presents! Haha! I got the backpack (although they gave it to my mother in the wrong colour, so I'll have to take it back), the laptop (little Asus eeepc), compression sacks, compass, pashmina, mini torch (so cute!), Swiss Army knife and some other little things. The only "big" things (ie, expensive) I have to get now are a sleeping bag and walking shoes. Although my family is going to have Christmas in November (I'll be in Lima at Christmas), so perhaps I shouldn't buy anything else until then, just in case.

My parents and William took me out to Kingsley's for lunch on Saturday. I actually like watching Deadliest Catch, and I was determined to have the Alaskan king crab legs. They were huge! And the crab was so sweet! Definitely the best crab I've ever eaten. The view was really nice too. We were watching all the boats come in for the Riverfire celebrations (grumble, grumble, stupid Riverfire always hijacking my birthday, grumble). William then made me a chocolate cake for my birthday (yay!) and I got to watch all of the episodes of Great British Menu I'd been recording throughout the week. Might sound boring to you, but it was the best day ever! Food Channel, crab legs, chocolate cake, practical presents - what more could a girl want?! Haha!

Yesterday afternoon we went to see In Bruges. I thought it was meant to be a comedy. It was a lot darker and had a lot more gore than I was expecting. It was mildly humourous in parts, but it was mostly the same running joke of "Bruges is shit." Still, it was a good movie. I'm really looking forward to Wall-E, Madagascar 2 and Quantum of Solace coming out.

0 comments: