Monday, September 29, 2008

I like it when things are going well

Last week turned out to be a fairly good one. I ended up hiring the younger, slightly less trained one with the better attitude. I figured she'd be more grateful for the job and would be more willing to learn what I wanted to teach her, rather than thinking she knows the best way and not listening, as I suspected the other one would. And yes, Perseus, she was the good looking one, so it worked out for the best! Haha!

I also came up with a fantastic business idea that I will be working on while I'm overseas, and hopefully implement when I come back. So far, everyone I've mentioned it to has thought it was a good idea (as long as I can achieve some key objectives), so that's good. I just have to do up a business plan and outlay all my estimations and see how I go. I'm pretty excited about it!

I also think I may have found William's present. You know, the big one that I have been working on for over a year that I suspected his mother had told him about? Well, I'm not so sure she did now, because he hasn't mentioned anything for a while, so it might have just been coincidence. If she did tell him, he's obviously decided she was making it up or something because the present wasn't forthcoming straight away (the last one I sourced fell through at the end). So yeah. It's our anniversary in a few weeks, so it would be fantastic if I really can get the latest one I've found. I've already gotten him something else in case it falls through as well.

Uni is over in about 3 weeks' time, which is also great. I haven't really enjoyed this degree, and I can't say I've actually learnt anything. And I don't want a career out of it. It's a backup degree for one of the other ones I'm doing (as is the third degree, but I actually enjoy that one as well). So yeah. It will be a relief to get it over and done with.

All in all, things are going well. However, I do have a tonne of work to get through, and also a lot of arrangements to finalise for my trip, which I am completely stressed out about to the point where I'm having nightmares about it. Hopefully it all goes smoothly in the end!

0 comments: